- The allocations to Ministry of Women and Child Development have increased from Rs.17,408 crore in 2016-17 (BE) to Rs. 22,095 crore in 2017-18 (BE).
- Total magnitude of the Gender Budget Statement is Rs. 1, 13,327 crore in 2017-18 (BE) as compared to Rs.90,770 crore in 2016-17 (BE).
- An allocation of Rs. 2, 700 crore in 2017-18 (BE) to Maternity Benefit Programme (formerly known as Indira Gandhi Matritva Sahayog Yojana).
- Mahila Shakti Kendras with an allocation of Rs. 500 crore to be set up at village level in 14 lakh ICDS Anganwadi Centres. This will provide one stop convergent support services for empowering rural women with opportunities for skill development, employment, digital literacy, health and nutrition.
- An action plan to reduce Infant Mortality Rate from 39 in 2014 to 28 by 2019 and Maternal Mortality Rate from 167 in 2011-13 to 100 by 2018-2020 has been announced, though details are still awaited.
- Under Pradhan Mantri Mudra Yojana, it is proposed to double the lending target of 2015-16 and set it at Rs.2.44 lakh crore. Priority will be given to women, besides Dalits, Adivasis, backward classes and minorities.