- Allocations under Statement 10 A, i.e. allocations for Welfare of Scheduled Castes have increased from Rs. 38,833 crore in 2016-17 (BE) to Rs. 52,393 crore in 2017-18 (BE).
- With the merger of Plan and Non-Plan heads of expenditure, there is lack of clarity regarding parameters for assessing allocations reported under Statement 10 A.
- Outcome based monitoring of Scheduled Caste Sub Plan would be carried out by the NITI Aayog.
- Allocations to the Department of Social Justice and Empowerment has increased from Rs. 6,566 crore in 2016-17 (BE) to Rs. 6,908 crore in 2017-18 (BE).
- The lending target of Pradhan Mantri Mudra Yojana, which gives priority to Dalits among other socially disadvantaged groups, has been doubled to Rs. 2.44 lakh crore in 2017-18 (BE). This was Rs. 1.22 lakh crore in 2016-17 (BE).